The who and why of it all

My photo
Canberra, ACT, Australia
Trying different ways to optimise life health and happiness by eating real food and bulding strength. I used to have migraines every fortnight that would put me out for days. I ate a lot of sugar in it's classic sweet form and in its filling bread/pasta form. I was always tired and weak but never overweight- so I never questioned my diet. Until someone else did. Now I barely ever get migraines, I am strong and getting stronger. I am more active than I have ever been.

Sunday, 15 May 2011

Day 24: 15th May 2011

Day 24- Paleo: dumprings!

Midnight Snack for FA cup: Meat loaf (beef mince, almond meal, tomato past, egg, broccoli, cauliflower, onion, garlic) and rhubarb chutney. Dark chocolate- 5 cubes... woops.
Breakfast: Pork dumplings (soy, pork mince, prawns, spring onion, garlic, ginger) in chicken broth with shitake mushrooms, spinach, bok choi, onion, garlic, ginger, sesame seed oil, soy.

Snacks: nuts, grapes and coconut milk, some bak kwa (nibbled whilst cooking)

Lunch: Sashimi (salmon and tuna) with a salad (courgette, carrot, spring onions and cucumber). 
Osso Buco: Veal, sweet potato, chicken stock, white wine, carrot, celery, onion, peas, brussel sprouts, peas, bay leaf, rosemary, thyme, cloves salt, pepper, tomato paste). 

Water: 1.5 litres

Reactions
Woke up naturally at 7am, despite having a nap at 9 and getting back out of bed at 11.30 for the FA cup- back to bed at 2.30am. But Loads of energy, up and cooking dumpling breakfast, then cooking bak kwa, hung out with John and went to soccer. Got home and had stomach pains after sashimi- digestion probs I think- lasted about 1/2 hour.
Skin: Fine
Headache: Very mild- keeps disappearing and reappearing again.
Sinus: slightly blocked on headache side.
Tummy: Pain after lunch/soccer... lasted 1/2 an hour. Hopefully, just some digestion probs with all the fish oils and fat, body not used to this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment