The who and why of it all

My photo
Canberra, ACT, Australia
Trying different ways to optimise life health and happiness by eating real food and bulding strength. I used to have migraines every fortnight that would put me out for days. I ate a lot of sugar in it's classic sweet form and in its filling bread/pasta form. I was always tired and weak but never overweight- so I never questioned my diet. Until someone else did. Now I barely ever get migraines, I am strong and getting stronger. I am more active than I have ever been.

Saturday, 21 May 2011

Day 28: Friday 20th May 2011

Day 28- Paleo: Opps no lunch... oh well I guess it's the first day of fastng!

Breakfast: Meatloaf and Rhubarb Chutney

Fast for 11 hours -- 3 cups of green tea
Dinner: Roast Pork with roast veggies (beetroot and carrot) and steamed peas

Dessert: Apple crumble (apple cooked in butter with cinnamon and nutmeg. Almond flour and sinnamon and nutmeg crumbled with butter, with ground pecans on top).

Water: 2 litres

Reactions
I had some choices, be late for boot camp to return home and get my lunch, buy some non paleo food and 'cheat', not panic and fast. I decided to fast! completely not like me at all! SO much non paleo food at work!! terrible grain waves and crisps and dips! But I fasted the whole day from breaky till dinner! I felt fine! which is very  strange because before I couldn't go 2 hours without feeling shaky and the need to eat something sugary! I was hungry of course, but not that bad. Loads of energy still- amazingly I could get home and cook dinner still! No collapsing like a fish out of water, flailing around desperate for a sugar fix! I remained calm right up till we were sitting down with our lovely roast veg and pork roast mmmmm devoured it! Made a paleo dessert! I deserved it! went to bed a bit late and got up the next day ready to cook breaky!! AMAZING.
Skin: Clearing
Headache: None :-) notta! Even though I whacked my head on the drawers this morning!
Sinus: Little phlegm in throat
Tummy: Bit rumbly during the fast- but no pains or bloating when I broke the fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment