The who and why of it all

My photo
Canberra, ACT, Australia
Trying different ways to optimise life health and happiness by eating real food and bulding strength. I used to have migraines every fortnight that would put me out for days. I ate a lot of sugar in it's classic sweet form and in its filling bread/pasta form. I was always tired and weak but never overweight- so I never questioned my diet. Until someone else did. Now I barely ever get migraines, I am strong and getting stronger. I am more active than I have ever been.

Wednesday, 20 July 2011

Sun protection VS Vitamin D

Quick link:

I have always wondered about the seemingly conflicting couple that is vitamin D and sun protection. I am very pale, burn easily- yet I understand having loads of suncream on will not allow my body to absorb the vitamin D. My work colleague had similar concern- after being told by her doctor to spend more time in the sun but that her lips were very sun damaged... so what are we to do.

Mark Sisson posted this today, hopefully with some dietary changes I should be able to find a nice balance between protecting my skin and getting my vitamins :-)

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/8-natural-ways-to-prevent-a-sunburn-and-sunscreens-not-one-of-them/

No comments:

Post a Comment