The who and why of it all

My photo
Canberra, ACT, Australia
Trying different ways to optimise life health and happiness by eating real food and bulding strength. I used to have migraines every fortnight that would put me out for days. I ate a lot of sugar in it's classic sweet form and in its filling bread/pasta form. I was always tired and weak but never overweight- so I never questioned my diet. Until someone else did. Now I barely ever get migraines, I am strong and getting stronger. I am more active than I have ever been.

Monday, 18 July 2011

Sunday Food

Slept in mmm, well till 9. That is one thing that has changed dramatically since starting this new "paleo" lifestyle- sleep. I used to be so much more sleepy. I go to bed around 9.30 now and wake up feeling refreshed and ready to go! I leap out of bed (not literally- but compared to the roll out of bed I used to do...) and either get ready for bootcamp or cook a yummy breakfast. 9am is the latest I have slept in until for about 4 months! I used to be able to laze around in bed till lunch easy. I much prefer having this energy and I love preparing the food. So that means no takeaway nights yet either. We used to succumb to the takeaway menus at least once if not twice a week. Anyway on to some tasty photos:

Breakfast: Sausage, fried egg and veggies fingers (made with sweet potato, cauliflower, leek, spinach).



After soccer we made a "meatza"- I used kidney and mince as the base, then topped with tomato paste, tomatoes, spinach, basil, olive, red onion, pinenuts and cashew paste (blended cashews and water).

The dinner was lamb kababs with a homemade mint sauce with "no potato salad" from http://everydaypaleo.com/




The lamb was delish! And that salad hit the spot nicely- using this one to take to BBQs in the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment