The who and why of it all

My photo
Canberra, ACT, Australia
Trying different ways to optimise life health and happiness by eating real food and bulding strength. I used to have migraines every fortnight that would put me out for days. I ate a lot of sugar in it's classic sweet form and in its filling bread/pasta form. I was always tired and weak but never overweight- so I never questioned my diet. Until someone else did. Now I barely ever get migraines, I am strong and getting stronger. I am more active than I have ever been.

Wednesday, 3 August 2011

Drinking + Processed Food = Sick

Bah! I am ill. Sinus/Tonsil infection thingy. Typical really. Just adds to the already existing pile of evidence that bad sugary foods and alcohol are not good for your body... duh haha.It took my stomach three days to start feeling normal again. My sleep cycle still isn't back normal and I am starting to crave carbs again. The little sugary devils just need to sneak back in once and that's it, I am dreaming about toast again.

Speaking of craving it was amazing how much I wanted to eat healthy food again after the weekend. I desperately wanted broccoli, a food I have never really liked. My first meal on Monday was a lovely salad with spinach, broccoli and shredded chicken. That was really good. I could tell my body needed it! I have realised I eat when I am bored, or for comfort- but not like boo hoo I need ice cream and a movie, I mean food is just comforting- it's nice to eat nice stuff. That sounded really dumb- but it is still true, I am sitting here sick and I would really like some chocolate, or a bag of banana lollies, or a cup of white sugary tea, or toast with jam... someone stop me!
Like I said before- I have to acquire some new favourites. That is all. Love nuts and coconut cream (however immunepaleo says no right now) which I will definitely have as soon as I am allowed. Speaking of when I am allowed, below is the schedule for reintroduction of foods.
I will post how I feel, how my skin looks, migraines etc. Each week. Obviously if I get any reactions I will stop eating that food! Well let's hope I feel good without all these foods first though!

Monday 29th August: Onions and Garlic
Monday 5th September: Eggs
Monday 12th September: Beef
Monday 19th September: Nightshades
Monday 26th September: Mushrooms
Monday 3rd October: Dairy (Low Lactose)
Monday 10th October: Dairy (Lactose)
Monday 17th October: Nuts
 
Three months of testing... I wonder if I can combine any of the above... like eggs and beef? or nuts and mushrooms? It just seems like aaaaggggeeess! Probably should keep dairy separate though. Well just think how awesome it is going to be when I can eat some of these foods again! "Normal Paleo" will seem like a breeze!

1 comment:

  1. i like this "Normal Paleo" will seem like a breeze!"

    ReplyDelete