The who and why of it all

My photo
Canberra, ACT, Australia
Trying different ways to optimise life health and happiness by eating real food and bulding strength. I used to have migraines every fortnight that would put me out for days. I ate a lot of sugar in it's classic sweet form and in its filling bread/pasta form. I was always tired and weak but never overweight- so I never questioned my diet. Until someone else did. Now I barely ever get migraines, I am strong and getting stronger. I am more active than I have ever been.

Wednesday, 17 August 2011

Frustrated

No more elimination for me. I will try again next year when I have a clear month ahead and I will focus more on the micro nutrients I am consuming. I just felt like there was something missing they whole time, I found it hard to eat enough food and I was getting very stressed about it. And then... I got a migraine. A pretty decently sized migraine. Actually I still have it really and I think I am returning for a second visit to icepack, dark room, don't touch me land.

Back eating "paleo/primal whatevs diet" again. But of course I started with a few cheats as the elimination diet sucked up all my will power like an evil will devouring mosquito. I had a big ass steak (prob grain fed) with some curly fries (prob veggie oil) and veggies for dinner, and then today I bought a cupcake- it's for the animals! For some reason our school decides to crank up the community on excessively lolly loaded cupcakes made my snotty nosed 5 year olds for $2 a cake. I did buy the gluten free one. But it still had marshmellows and tictacs on the top. I also ate 3 clinkers and a smarty. There it is all out. I do feel like getting some more though... man sugar is addictive! I probably will and then lie about it... that's a worry.

I have a dinner coming up on Friday which will be as Paleo as poss. But trying to navigate restaurant menus whilst in the elimination is way too hard. Impossible at some places. Next time I will just have to say no, and make sure it is a month with no important birthdays.

N e who, its back to the regular paleo for now.

Oh! and I read this today- man the world is a stupid place.

http://huntgatherlove.com/content/world-food-faileo

No comments:

Post a Comment