The who and why of it all

My photo
Canberra, ACT, Australia
Trying different ways to optimise life health and happiness by eating real food and bulding strength. I used to have migraines every fortnight that would put me out for days. I ate a lot of sugar in it's classic sweet form and in its filling bread/pasta form. I was always tired and weak but never overweight- so I never questioned my diet. Until someone else did. Now I barely ever get migraines, I am strong and getting stronger. I am more active than I have ever been.

Wednesday, 3 August 2011

Migraines and cleaning products!

http://boingboing.net/2011/07/25/finding-the-source-of-migraines-and-fifty-useless-migraine-drugs.html

This links to a story about another n = 1 for migraines. Interesting. I dislike the hating comments defending doctors and drugs. I really don't think the article attacked doctors all that much! Just a story and stories like this help others (like me) on their own little journeys to improve health and well being.
Her triggers were environmental:

1. Sodium lauryl sulfate (a foaming agent).
2. Methyl and ethyl parraben (preservatives).
3. Artificial fragrances.

I will also investigate my cleaning/bathroom closet for these ingredients!

2 comments:

  1. y'know this kind of thing makes sense from an paleo/evolutionary approach too. Our skin and internals simply wouldn't have had exposure to these chemicals in any kind of quantity (if at all) until the last 50 years.

    Makes the "only 10,000 years of grains" line look pretty good by comparison. ;-)

    ReplyDelete