The who and why of it all

My photo
Canberra, ACT, Australia
Trying different ways to optimise life health and happiness by eating real food and bulding strength. I used to have migraines every fortnight that would put me out for days. I ate a lot of sugar in it's classic sweet form and in its filling bread/pasta form. I was always tired and weak but never overweight- so I never questioned my diet. Until someone else did. Now I barely ever get migraines, I am strong and getting stronger. I am more active than I have ever been.

Thursday, 22 September 2011

Leave Room for the Healthier Foods says School Newsletter

"Highly refined foods are often high in fat as well as sugar, and eating more of these types of foods will leave less room for healthier foods such as bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, milk and cereal."

This was in my school's newsletter. So sad that the government gives schools this advice, who then give parents this advice, who then feed their children foods filled with wheat (if we can still call it that) and other harmful grains with no evidence. It is like they closed their eyes and pointed to a food and decided that this is now the healthy one, well the science is almost this bad. *sigh* 

2 comments:

  1. that quote could be paraphrased to:

    "eat less refined foods so you can eat different refined foods"

    ...go team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry, on reflection that should be:

    "eat less refined foods so you can eat different refined foods...and potatoes."

    ReplyDelete